Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

2015 Video Category

Post by Admin » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:29 am

Back to Basics

2014 Harb40 Passion Competition Rules and Guidelines

Various dictionaries refer to Passion as:

1) a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something
2) a strong feeling (such as anger) that causes you to act in a dangerous way
3) a strong sexual or romantic feeling for someone
4) the state or capacity of being acted on by external agents or forces
5) a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept

Create a film/write a short story about your interpretation of passion.

Rules and Guidelines

Dates: August 8, 2015 to October 3, 2015 (12 midnight EST)

Film Length: The film can be any length. It is preferred if the total length is not over 30 minutes but longer films will be accepted. All judges are required to view the whole film so the longer the films, the longer it will take to judge.

Film Age: This can be a new film or one you have made previously.

Engine: This film can be made using any program you desire (iClone, Moviestorm, The Movies, Poser, Daz, The Sims, game engines such as Halo, GTA, COD, WOW and more) or live action. Any form you desire.

Required Theme Element: Must be about some form of passion. Any films not done in English must have English subtitles so the judging panel can fully understand the dialog.

Where to upload: Can be uploaded to any site (YouTube, Vimeo, TMU, etc.) but a link must be given in the submission form. (example below) Keep in mind that if the site you upload to requires registration or membership, the videos might not be viewable by the general population. It is preferred that sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and others be used.
Stories will be uploaded as attachments on the submission thread in the competition forums. Acceptable forms will be .txt, .doc and .pdf. (pdf preferred)

Warnings: Since this competition is open to all ages, if any strong language or nudity is used, a disclaimer should be presented either at the start of the film or on the film page.

Credits: Any use of voice actors, music not supplied with the program of choice or composed by yourself, any mods not made by yourself or an official add-on is recommended to be credited either in the film or on the film page but is not required.

Persons not eligible: Everyone is eligible this year.

Judges:
There will be a separate judging panel for the video category and the short story category.

Sample Submission Form:

Copy and paste the following and edit to fit your entry:

Online Name: (Your user name --Required)
Studio Name: (if different than your user name - not required)
Film Title: (The name of your film -- Required)
Film Length: (Minutes and seconds in length -- Required)
Genre: (comedy, drama, horror, etc. - not required)
Film Location: (a direct link to your film -- Required)
Film Description: (a brief idea of what your film is about -- Required)
Additional Info: (Cast, credits, posters, etc. if you desire)

Using this format will make it easier on the judges to find and keep track of your film/Story. All entries must be made through this thread.

So, start filming, enter and Good Luck.

Any conversations you wish to have in private about your submission need to be sent to admin@harb40passioncompetition.com. Check the competition faqs section of the forums first. Your questions might be answered there already.

***This page will be locked and closed for submissions on October 3, 2015 at Midnight EDT (9 p.m. PDT, October 4 @ 3 p.m. Sydney time)***

toonarama2

Re: 2015 Video Category

Post by toonarama2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:44 am

Online Name: Toonarama2
Film Title: Death by Jelly
Film Length: 11.00
Genre: horror comedy
Film Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBcTWUMrsEY
Film Description: Doctor Larson has a deep passion for science and more specifically the creation of life. He succeeds in his work but when death is the result will he be prepared to stop?
Additional Info: Based on the public domain comic story The Jelly Monster

toonarama2

Post by toonarama2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:48 am

Online Name: Toonarama2
Film Title: Decca's Drinkin Dilemma
Film Length: 03.51
Genre: music
Film Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F0929Nz9fc
Film Description: Decca Wade the former drummer with The Angelic Upstarts has two passions in life: drinking and alcohol. Doctors have warned him that unless he cuts down on his consumption he will go to an early grave but can he control his urges?
Additional Info: This was an animation made (on request from the band) for the group The Toy Dolls to support their latest single and therefore I have full permission from the band and their record company (Secret Records) to use the music

Benjamin Tuttle

Post by Benjamin Tuttle » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Online Name: Benjamin Tuttle
Studio Name: 4413 Media
Film Title: A Desperate Man
Film Length: 08:52
Genre: Western/Fantasy
Film Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLixqjRICyU
Film Description: A lone bounty hunter searches a cure for his wife's terminal illness. He meets a stranger who can help, but under one condition.

Cast:

River Kanoff
Ariana Siarkiewicz
Bella
‎Brandon McAllister
Anthony LoGatto
Vincent van Ommen

Score by Jesse Lee Don Pringle
Sound Effects: Adobe Sound Library, Freesound.org, Soundsnap.com, Hollywood Edge

primaveranz

Post by primaveranz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Online Name: Primaveranz
Studio Name: KB Films
Film Title: Gel Blo Mi Hem i Mas Skul (My Daughter must go to School)
Film Length: 20:51
Genre: Drama
Film Location: https://vimeo.com/137584489
Film Description: An illiterate woman is determined that her daughter Norah will get a proper education. When Norah is sent home from school because she can't pay the fees, they struggle to come up with a solution.
Additional Info: Animated using Moviestorm from an original educational radio show by Wan Smolbag Theatre, Port Vila Vanuatu.

Glasz

Post by Glasz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:17 am

Online Name: Glasz DeCuir
Film Title: My Camera's Heartbeat
Film Length: 3:53
Film Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw4wjqchFxM
Film Description: Finding the initial idea use to be the core of the whole filmmaking process. This is a conceptual short machinima about next movie's planning.
Additional Info: Filmed in Second Life, July 2015
Wolf footage by Duncan Drysdale - CC Attribution 3.0
Music: “In A Dream” by The Losers - Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License.
Real Time Animation- using iMac 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5/2011 + iShowU HD + Final Cut

peacheschrenko

Post by peacheschrenko » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:34 pm

Online Name: Peaches Chrenko
Studio Name: Izola Films
Film Title: Cognitive Dis
Film Length: 06:33
Film Location: https://youtu.be/Brl_kfATeLk
Film Description: In a futuristic totalitarian world, a man discovers a way to change his life.
Additional Info: Music Score by Peaches Chrenko

keithlawrence

Post by keithlawrence » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:27 am

Online Name: keithlawrence
Studio Name: Elephant Pictures
Film Title: Suppressed Rage
Film Length: 02:33
Genre: Drama/Horror
Film Location: http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/i ... _id=107239
Film Description: As a child I was told/forced to put my anger away. As an adult I have many times felt the need to be angry but been unable to. And years of anger have turned into rage. I have searched for the key to unlock that door that holds back my rage. But do I really want to find it?
Additional Info: I´m using Moviestorm as a tool to express my emotions

friday@2

Post by friday@2 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:49 am

Online Name: Friday@2
Studio Name: 2Sense Productions
Film Title: Hush Preface (Passion or Pastime) and Movie
Film Length: 5 minutes 58 seconds
Film Location: https://vimeo.com/137799746
Film Description: If you ask yourself "is this really worth countless hours of my life" the answer is always "no." You don't edit 30 versions of one brief animation and spend 6 hours recording a scraping noise because other people will care, or even because you still trust your premise - you keep going because you started the damn thing and you have an unhealthy compulsion to solve tedious "creative" problems in the repeatedly dashed hope that some day you''ll feel a sense of completion, when in reality you just have to stop, again, and feel empty until the next loony obsession takes over your life.

keithlawrence

Post by keithlawrence » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:58 am

Online Name: keithlawrence
Studio Name: Elephant Pictures
Film Title: Martyr
Film Length: 04:22
Genre: Drama
Film Location: http://www.moviestorm.co.uk/community/i ... _id=106305
Film Description: A passion for Christ. It is not a new thing that someone would suffer and even die for their faith. But that someone would choose to fill the space of a person who openly denies his faith to save his own life…. that is a passion for Christ
Additional Info: Based on a true story
Last edited by keithlawrence on Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.