If you ae having trouble logging in please notify us immediately so we can troubleshoot the problem. We need to know your username, country and ISP. You can find your ISP by going to http://www.whatismyip.com/. This will give me the info my server needs to look into it.

how to add a video from youtube

Here is where you can talk about anything not related to passion

Moderator: Harb40

MarvinDic

how to add a video from youtube

Post by MarvinDic » Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Hello!
Administrators, please tell me how to add a video from youtube to a post?

Thanks!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: how to add a video from youtube

Post by Admin » Wed May 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi Marvin

php forums are a little harder to use than vBulletin. vBulletin allows direct embedding where php takes a little extra work.

If you look above the box where you type you will see buttons to allow you to have bold print (B), underlined (U) and others. There is one marked URL. It will put the url tags in front and back of anything you highlight ( ). To make the link clickable, you have to do the following:

Type the name of the video (or anything else you want to link) Competition Teaser

Now click on the url tag and it will look like this: Competition Teaser.

Since it does not know the address of the link, you need to add that in the url tag by adding an = sign and the address:
url=http://youtu.be/6_I0JpT8FE4
You need to make sure the [ is in front of the url and ] at the end of the address. This will give you something that looks like this: Competition Teaser
Thin link will not open in a new window but in the same window.

I did not think of posting this before. Thanks for reminding me. I will update the Welcome One And All section with this info.